If you long for a straight smile, you might be wondering if metal bracket braces are an option for you. At Smiles Orthodontics, we provide a diverse range of orthodontic solutions, including innovative fixed braces. If you’re interested in orthodontic treatment, here’s a guide to the brilliant benefits of metal braces.
What are metal bracket braces? A brief introduction
Metal braces, as you might have guessed from the name, are braces that are made from metal parts. With this type of brace, patients have metal brackets fixed to their teeth, and a fine metal wire is then passed through the brackets. The components produce forces, which gently move the teeth into the right position. Metal braces have come a long way in a relatively short space of time, and today, patients can enjoy comfortable, fast-acting, discreet treatment options.
What are the benefits of metal bracket braces?
Metal bracket braces are an excellent choice for orthodontic patients for several reasons, including:
- Reliability: metal braces are incredibly reliable, and the success of treatment doesn’t depend on the patient remembering to put their braces back in or to wear their braces for a certain number of hours per day. This is a fixed braces option, which offers guaranteed results. Once your orthodontist has secured the braces, your braces will do all the hard work for you.
- Versatility: metal bracket braces are ideally suited to almost any orthodontic patient. This type of brace is capable of achieving a lot of movement, making it an excellent option for those with more complex needs, as well as individuals with minor or moderate issues. Some braces, for example, removable aligners, are better suited to mild problems.
- Simplicity: with metal braces, you can enjoy a straightforward and hassle-free treatment process. Once your braces are in place, you don’t need to worry about swapping aligners over and remembering to take them out and put them back in. You’ll wear the same brace for the duration of your treatment.
- Cost: budget is a factor for many orthodontic patients. At Smiles Orthodontics, we offer treatment options to suit all patients, and we can make recommendations based on your budget. Metal braces are a cost-effective solution, which may be appealing for those who don’t want to consider more expensive options.
- Customization: many patients choose to retain the traditional aesthetic when opting for metal braces, but there is an option to customize your braces and make things a little more fun using colored bands. This is a popular option for younger patients.
Types of metal braces
We are delighted to offer an array of metal braces, including Damon Braces, APC Braces 3M and American Orthodontics & Rocky Mountain Orthodontics. Damon Braces are often hailed as one of the most impressive examples of modern-day braces. These self-ligating metal braces don’t have metal or elastic ties, and they boast a sliding mechanism, which accelerates the speed of tooth movement. Damon Braces are comfortable and sleek, and they work faster than traditional metal braces. These braces are also versatile, and they are suitable for patients with the most complex orthodontic issues.
Which braces are best for me?
The world of orthodontics is evolving all the time, and new treatments are becoming available every year. Patients today have an incredible range of treatment options to choose from. It’s brilliant to be able to explore different types of braces, but how do you choose which treatment is best for you? We specialize in orthodontics, and our friendly, experienced team is on hand to offer advice, to give you information about the different types of braces, and to help you decide which system suits you best. We can go through the pros and cons, talk about prices and time-frames and make recommendations based on your orthodontic needs, your budget, and your preferences.
Metal bracket braces at Smiles Orthodontics
At Smiles Orthodontics, Wichita, we pride ourselves on offering cutting-edge orthodontic treatment in a relaxed, welcoming setting. We have an expert team led by Dr. Gorantla, an experienced orthodontist who is known for his friendly, approachable, calming nature. Dr. Gorantla qualified in India before moving to the US and studying at Boston University and the University of Pittsburgh. He is passionate about creating beautiful smiles and is hugely popular with patients and colleagues. The priority for the Smiles Orthodontics team is to develop effective, personalized treatment plans, which enable patients to enjoy healthy, beautiful smiles and bags of confidence.
If you have crooked or crowded teeth, or you’re wondering whether metal bracket braces would benefit you, why not get in touch with us today? We look forward to hearing from you! If you would like more information or would like to book a consultation, you can do so on our Smiles Orthodontics website.