There aren’t many things that are more beautiful than a healthy, genuine smile. However, this isn’t the only reason why people choose to undergo orthodontic treatment! Proper teeth and jaw alignment helps ensure your oral health remains in good standing. It can also assist in helping you speak, bite, and chew better.
Teeth and jaw misalignment can present cleaning difficulties, and even wear down cause teeth to break down your teeth over time. Our team at Smiles Orthodontics in Wichita want to help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile in 2021!
This Treatment Improves Oral Health
There are many places for food particles to get stuck in overcrowded and/or crooked teeth. The use of braces or Invisalign will help to straighten out the teeth and eliminate these hiding places. In turn, your daily oral hygiene routine will become more effective, and your chances of tooth decay and gum disease will be reduced. This is important as unhealthy gums and the accompanying inflammation can cause major problems, such as the risk of tooth loss and also overall general health risks. Furthermore, when your mouth feels fresh, your confidence will remain at an all-time high when interacting with family, friends and peers.
What are the Treatment Options?
Our orthodontic office in Wichita offers several treatment options. Some of our most popular options include:
- Traditional braces – Teeth can be realigned into their proper positions using metal brackets, elastics and wires.
- Clear Braces – Braces that are much less visible than metal brackets for esthetic reasons. Shape memory wires gently guide the teeth into proper alignment.
- Invisalign – this method uses clear and removable trays that are nearly invisible to the naked eye.
Taking Care of Orthodontic Appliances
To ensure both your oral health and orthodontic appliance remain in good condition, there are a few best practices you need to follow. They include:
- You will need to soak your clear aligner in a cleaning solution on a daily basis. Simply dissolve a denture-cleaning tablet such as Efferdent or Polident in a glass of room temperature tap water and let your Invisalign tray soak.
- When conducting your oral hygiene routine, ensure to brush your Invisalign trays as well. You should brush your clear aligner after letting it soak in the cleaning solution, as it helps to release any food particles.
- If you have a fixed orthodontic appliance, pay special attention when flossing and brushing your teeth. Failure to do so can lead to oral health complications like gum disease or tooth decay. Check out Colgate’s guide to brushing your teeth with braces.
Visit Your Wichita Orthodontist!
Orthodontic treatment is almost always necessary for people with teeth misalignment issues. To save your smile from dental complications, contact our Wichita orthodontic office today at (316) 684-5184. Dr. Gorantla (Dr. G), Dr. Kristen and our team of professionals will be happy to talk to you about our services, such as ceramic braces and Invisalign! We can’t wait to help you achieve your smile goals in 2021!