If you experience any discomfort that you feel needs to be checked,
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US.
We would rather evaluate the issue our self to put you at ease.
TAP TO CALL OUR OFFICE
We are dedicated to meeting your needs. The best way to contact us about an emergency is to call the office. If something breaks or you are in pain, we want to see you as soon as possible. We set times aside in our schedule to accommodate these appointments. These are very quick appointments usually less than 15 minutes. The majority of these times are available between 12:30 and 1:30, with others spread throughout the day.
- When braces come loose If a bracket is loose or comes off, please call our office!! We can reattach them. But you must be careful, because if this happens too often, your treatment will take longer. Do not try and fix them yourself, come and see us, to continue on your path to straighter teeth!
- Irritation of wires If a wire on your braces is causing irritation, you can be made more comfortable by pushing it away from the area being irritated by using the eraser end of a pencil or a cotton swab. If the wire cannot be tucked away, cover the end with a small piece of wax, sugarless gum or cotton ball until you can come in and have us take a look at it. Cutting the wire may also be done as a last resort if professional help is unavailable.
- Instructions for lost separators It is quite common for patients to lose at least one separator during the process that prepares your mouth for braces. Be sure to call our office, so we can replace your missing separator. Sometimes separators may need replaced!!
- Instructions for loose brackets Losing a bracket can mean losing valuable treatment time, so it is essential that you set up a bracket replacement appointment as soon as possible if you have a loose or missing bracket. We will replace the bracket quickly, to prevent your teeth from moving or shifting out of their new positions. If your teeth move incorrectly, they may create malocclusions that will take additional time to correct. We have set aside special emergency time slots everyday to do this.
- Instructions for a Lost or Broken Retainer If you have a lost or broken retainer, make sure you contact our office immediately. When your teeth are just settling in to their new healthy and straight positions, your retainer is essential to maintaining the smile achieved by your braces. For this reason, wearing and taking good care of your retainer is just as important as wearing your braces! Make sure that you set up a retainer replacement appointment within 48 hours of losing or breaking your retainer, to prevent your teeth from shifting back to their old positions.
- Relieving discomfort associated with treatment Most orthodontic patients experience some discomfort the first week after their braces are put on, and right after routine adjustments to the braces. If your braces are causing soreness in your jaw joints, try using a moist heat compress or a warm washcloth to apply gentle pressure and alleviate the ache. This discomfort should subside in approximately two to three days after you get your orthodontic appliances. You can take any pain medication that you usually take for your routine aches and pains to alleviate pain you may experience with braces after each adjustment.