Value of a Smile:
- Smiles are such an important part of communication
- We see them far more clearly than any other expression.
- We can pick up a smile at 300 feet, the length of a football field
Smiles and the Social Arena:
- 94% of those polled said they are likely to notice a persons smile when they meet them for the first time.
- Almost half agree (45%) that bad teeth are a sign of bad personal hygiene.
- An overwhelming majority of adults (85%) consider a persons smile to be very important at initial meeting.
- 33% agree bad teeth overshadows the rest of a persons appearance.
- 71% believe people with a nice smile make friends more easily than people with crooked teeth.
Smiles and the Workplace:
- 74% perceive an attractive smile as important for getting the job of their dreams.
- Over one-third agree that a person with bad teeth gets fewer job promotions.
- Three out of four adults (75%) think an attractive smile is important for succeeding in the workplace.
Smiles and the Opposite Sex:
- 84% of adults perceive having an attractive smile as important for getting a date with Mr.or Ms. Right.
- An overwhelming majority of adults (85%) consider a persons smile to be very or somewhat important at first meeting.
- Almost 9 out of 10 (86%) think people with good teeth are more attractive to the opposite sex
The above survey was commissioned by Align Technology, Inc. and conducted by Harris Interactive